Banner
Image flower

Home

Image flower

Contact IPC

Image flower

The History of Alleyfield - Ickleford Burial Ground

The Parish Council has been offered a plot of land thanks to the generosity of Mrs D P Parker.  It is Mrs Parker's wish that this land be used to provide a new burial ground for those with a connection to the village as the existing churchyard, which has been used since the year 1210, is full.  The Parish Council is very grateful for this kind offer, and would like to proceed with this project. However, as some residents were opposed to these plans, the Parish Council carried out a consultation to all residents in June 2008. The full consultation can be downloaded below and results of this consultation can be viewed by clicking here.

Facts:

The donated land covers approximately 5 acres and is part of Alleyfield  adjacent to Chambers Lane.

The existing churchyard is full and there is very limited space for further burial of ashes.

Change of Use of land to burial ground was granted by North Herts District Council in April 2008, with conditions.

The Environment Agency has granted Tier 1 approval which indicates a low risk of water contamination.

A geophysical survey indicated there is little evidence of archaeological activity and with carefully planned landscaping, any excavations may be minimised or even not required.

Funding will be sought from various grants to ensure minimal cost to the village.


Results of Consultation:
Please click here

burial ground
pdf_mini_icon

 Burial Ground consultation - July 2008 (597kb)

get_adobe_reader

Copyright © Icklefordpc.com. All Rights Reserved. Photographs. Content and Privacy Disclaimer. Contact Webmaster